Thursday, November 15, 2007

why o why can't i work?

Tomorrow is a very exciting day. I'm auditioning for my favorite play on earth, and a casting director that likes my work is in charge.

So why can't I pick up the script?

It's been sitting next to me for over an hour, and I can't summon the strength to look it over.

I know that part of it is fatigue - I've been working really hard this week, and I want to have an entire day off (which hasn't happened, and won't for a little while). And I am very familiar with this play (I understudied it once), so I really wouldn't have to do TOO much work.

But I just know that, if I'm not prepared t'm'row, I'm going to be SO upset with myself.

Maxine invited me out for a drink - maybe I'll take the script with me and look at it on the train. Then I'll come back early and try to pound it out a few times before bed. That should get me where I need to be.

More later.

No comments: