Friday, November 23, 2007

leftovers

Just finished a rather satisfying meal of Chinese food.

What? Why were we eating Chinese food the day after Thanksgiving instead of leftovers? I'm glad you asked. Two reasons.

1. Today is my dad's birthday, and he basically spent most of today preparing for his mother's birthday party, which is tomorrow. We spent a few hours at the church decorating and moving furniture. My brother decided that he needed something special done for him, so we let him decide on a meal. He picked Chinese with jumbo shrimp involved. It cost $120, but it was worth it.

2. You're kind of not going to believe this one, but my cousin actually took/borderline stole a lot of our leftovers. He and his wife flew back to Cali today, and apparently he brought a bunch of containers with him. He reportedly said that if he was coming all the way out here for Thanksgiving, he was going to be damned if he didn't take some food home with him. I hope security confiscated it all.

This cousin was particularly delightful this holiday. (Sarcasm intended.) Remind me to tell you in the next couple of days about Frying the Turkey.

No comments: