So I've been tagged - actually double-teamed by DH and April. (pause while you insert the dirty joke of your choosing here)
List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to.
Like this totally isn't up my alley? I mean, how much do I love music? I could probably list seventy songs that I'm into, but in the interest of time and space, and not driving away my dear readers, I'll follow the instructions.
1. Go - Common: this song reminds me of a specific place and time...driving to and from the house of this girl with whom I had a torrid affair last summer, and the coolness of Sleepy Hamlet early summer mornings. It was a fun time. And this is truly a great song, from what is my co-album of the year for '05.
2. Touch The Sky - Kanye West: the trumpets in this song are to die for - so bright and clear. This song makes me feel invincible.
3. U Don't Have To Call - Usher: his best song, in my humble opinion. It was the last song I heard bumping from car speakers when I left NYC in April '02.
4. It's Hard Out Here For A Pimp - DJay: from the movie Hustle & Flow, which I liked a lot. Can you believe this won the Oscar? I'm still in shock about this.
5. Run It! (Remix) - Chris Brown f. Juelz Santana - can't explain this one.
6. Ms. New Booty - Bubba Sparxxx f. Ying Yang Twinz - I can explain this one...it's the beat, pure and simple. Plus I think I look pretty cool nodding my head to this in the cranberry Malibu I'm currently driving (thanks Cowtown Theater and Avis!).
7. Shake It Off - Mariah Carey: it was tough picking something for the last slot - so many choices! But I can't get Mariah...I mean, her song...out of my head. So she wins.
Can you tell I've been listening to a lot of hip hop lately? And, speaking of hip hop, if you've been following along with my classes (or you're just a big hip hop fan) you HAVE to check out Dave Chappelle's Block Party. It's a really great concert film, and there's lot of material in there for you Chappelle's Show fans, too. And Michael Gondry directed it, who also directed Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, one of my favorite movies ever. Check it out.
Oh yeah, I'm supposed to tag seven people. Let's see...
3. L. Britt
7. The Bird Man
Sorry if I doubled up on you. Thanks for playing!