Thursday, March 30, 2006

playing through pain!

No news from the audition last week. So I'm officially writing it off, and looking forward to a fun-filled summer in NYC. (And yes, I'm fully aware that writing these words makes a phone call from that theater company probable.) I could have exciting plans involving two of my fellow bloggers...more news on that as it develops.

Only 2 1/2 weeks to go in Cowtown. Can't believe the time has gone by so fast. The show, which I was very worried about for some time, now seems to be in good shape. We got a great review from the big paper in town, and we've had great audiences since our first preview. And if people are ultimately entertained, I'm happy. That's why I'm doing this job, after all.

Just want to let all of you know that I'm gutting out this blog entry - last night I smashed my left middle finger. I have this bit in the show where I'm holding a couple of guns and I jump on stage from the audience. Normally it's a pretty fluid move, but yesterday I slipped and broke my fall with my hand - which was holding a gun. All of the weight of the gun (which I think may be antique) came down on my finger. It doesn't feel too good, and the nail is turning a couple of fun colors, but it's barely swollen this morning, so I don't think I broke it. I don't know how I managed to keep from reacting when it happened - guess that by this point, I'm trained to keep going. I'm such a professional!

Two shows today - the first starts in less than two hours, so I better scoot.

1 comment:

April said...

Aw...hope your finger feels better soon!