Sunday, February 03, 2008

Super Bowl XLII

This is one of my favorite days of the year - Super Bowl Sunday. As a kid, I actually used to sit down and watch all the pregame and pre-pregame coverage. Even now, I still admit that I get a little excited the night before when I'm laying in bed. Kind of like Christmas.

(Now, if the Steelers are playing in the big game - which has happened twice in my conscious lifetime - it's a completely different story. I'll save that post for another time.)

Today I'm going up to my brother's to watch. I've only seen him once since Christmas, and my sister-in-law not at all, so it will be cool to hang out with their flat-screen HDTV and watch the game. I'm rooting for the Giants (my grandpa used to have season tickets, so I've always had a soft spot for them), but I have a feeling that the Patriots are going to come out uber-motivated because of all of the controversy swirling around them, and will therefore win fairly easily. Let's say 38-24.

Hope that you have a great Super Bowl Sunday!

2 comments:

DH said...

My pre-game pick was Pats by at least 3 touchdowns. Guess I blew that one, huh?

Melissa said...

Bah.

Did you see Big Ben's commercial?