Saturday, February 23, 2008

a productive early morning

I've had an "adult" day so far.

I set my alarm clock for 8:30 so that I could beat the crowds at the Trader Joe's in Manhattan. (Why go later and risk standing in line for 45 minutes, as I did last Friday evening?) It was like shopping in a crowded grocery store, rather than standing in the middle of a riot. I breezed in and out of there in half an hour.

After returning home and putting my groceries away, I went back out the door and headed for Target to get toiletries, medicine, and a couple of name-brand items I couldn't get at TJ's. It was about 10:30 at this point, and the lines at Target were relatively short, too. At this stop, too, I was able to get what I needed and get out without being hassled.

I stopped off for a cup of (decaf) coffee on the way home, and I was done with all of that stuff before eleven. I called my grandma and talked to Lil' Bit for a while, took a shower, made lunch, and balanced my checkbook. Now I've got a couple of hours to kill before making dinner and going to work, and all I have to do is go over my lines for my audition on Monday.

It's days like this when I feel mature, like an adult. I feel thirty. In a positive way.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend. Oscar picks coming tomorrow.

No comments: