written on a subway platform in Manhattan
Up and down day today. I'll explain, notes-style:
- Audition for play today. It ended up going two hours, and it was a great experience. I busted my ass in prep for this, working deep into the night and early this morning. They said they wanted to make a quick decision, though, and I didn't hear anything, so my hopes are dim. Still, there's a chance. And the artistic director mentioned that they're doing another play next year that's perfect for me, so we'll see.
- Played with the med school kids, which was a fun experience. Everyone got something out of it, and I actually had fun.
- Got an e-mail from the artistic director of the theater in Rockport (where I spent last summer) telling me that there wasn't a spot for me this summer, confirming my suspicions. I thought I was friends with this guy, but he seems to be doing the opposite of everything he told me he would do. So that means I won't get to play with Fred and Ginger and Power Broker West and Snapple and Big Bird, which makes me sad.
- Work tonight sucked. Lots of angsty teens, and several fights. At one point it seemed like all hell was breaking loose. The cops were called twice.
- Heath Ledger died. I'm strangely very upset by this, maybe because he's only a couple of years younger than me.
- I missed my train, as in it was pulling away as I went through the turnstile. I've been waiting here for 13 minutes.
I'm looking forward to going home, making myself some tea, putting up my feet, and forgetting about everything else.
HERE IT COMES!