Thursday, December 08, 2005

snow days - not just for kids anymore!

Woke up this morning at 7:50 (which is pretty late for a weekday) and saw that I had a message on my celly. It was the teacher from today's school - no class today! Too much snow. So I went back to bed. I ended up getting almost ten hours of much needed sleep, then got up, ate breakfast, read an old Rolling Stone, went to the post office, watched Pardon The Interruption. Good times.

Now I'm sitting around waiting for prime-time television to start. T'm'row is the last day of tour, and I've got to say that I'm pretty excited. It also marks the end of my association with my company in Sleepy Hamlet . Feels kind of like graduating from college - I'm entering the big bad world - so cold! so scary! I'm on my own!

One of the friends of the people that we're staying with made us our favorite desserts - apple pie for me, chocolate cake for Raf. SO GOOD. I've been trying to be good while I've been here - working out on the treadmill, eating the right things - but I have a feeling that it's going to be tough going when I get to the city. Going to have to go back on the "Judge Judy" workout plan (which I really should post one of these days - it's great!) when I get to Steak City.

Typing all that about the desserts made me hungry. Time for a slice of pie...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

It must be an apple pie kind of week - picked some up for the man at the store the other day. What's that you say? Bake one for him my damn self? Oh no, child, no that will not be happening. Baking is a science. I can't follow a recipe to save my life. It's not in my genetic code. Give me a stovetop. Keep that oven for you.

I'm dying to hear about this Judge Judy plan. I'm feeling like Mr. Cosby's favorite dessert lately. Gotta get back to the 5 boroughs so I can walk all day long and actually burn off what I shove in my piehole.