Monday, December 05, 2005

"freshen up the wig" part 2

Ain't nobody dope as me, I'm just so fresh so clean (so fresh and so clean clean!)
- OutKast

The wig is fresh. Went to the barber on Saturday afternoon - not only did I get my hair cut at a reasonable price, but I'm now all caught up on MTV's Making The Band. Apparently I was the only one in Topeka who didn't know what was going on. Go figure.

Warning: I'm feeling kind of scatter-shot tonight, so this will probably be a notes-style post. You have been warned...

Yesterday I went to the Chiefs-Broncos tilt at Arrowhead Stadium in KC. Great crowd, great atmosphere, but lousy result, 'cause the Chiefs won and the Steelers needed them to lose.

Got back in the saddle today...went to a school named after Narnia stuff. The entire school is going to see The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe on Friday, which I thought was kinda cute and a touch creepy. Only four days left of tour. Thank God.

Speaking of tour, I'm really getting tired of going to bed early and getting up even earlier. I'm a 10am-2am kind of guy, and having to get up early for school (plus all the time changes I've been going through lately) are kind of messing with me. I really need a three week vacation to catch up on sleep, but that's never going to happen. Gotta keep sayin' my new mantra: 4 days left. 4 days left. 4 days left...

The weather here in Kansas is, to put it bluntly, miserable. The temperature outside right now is 15, but with the wind chill it's a cool -4. T'm'row: high 20, low 9. Wednesday: high 17, low 4. I can't tell you how much I miss the Left Coast right now...

Been struggling with the title/purpose of this blog lately. I really enjoy posting, but I'm not sure that my reasons for writing are clear to the masses. Maybe I need to not worry about what other people think and keep plugging away. After all, a blog is basically an online journal, right? And, last I checked, you're reallly supposed to journal for yourself. Getting feedback from others (which I love, by the way, and I thank you for reading) is a bonus.

5 days until my triumphant return to NYC...

2 comments:

DH said...

Glad to hear the wig is fresh, K Lance.

I say keep plugging away. You're dead on with the analysis...do it for you. I know I'm enjoying it.

Marj said...

i can't agree more!! keep on typin' on.

Nothing better then a fresh wig... except maybe a fresh baked loaf of bread... YUM!!! ^__________^

Where are you going to be in NYC?? I'd love to see this tour of yours... hee hee

Why did i suddenly start rhyming? Have a great week!

~wyn ^_^