Sunday, December 11, 2005

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhh

Writing this at a coffee shop down the street from my brother's place. I'm writing from a coffee shop because said shop is the nearest warm location to the train station. And why am I in need of a warm location? Because I missed the Metro-North train bythismuch (about 20 seconds, to be exact), and now my evening plans are in ruins.

Where did I lose those precious twenty seconds? Was it navigating through the snow? Waiting for a traffic signal? Dodging that dude on a bike? Answering my cell phone while walking down the street? Catching that last play of the Chiefs-Cowboys game? Trying to update my iPod? Going to the bathroom before I left so I wouldn't have to go on the train or in the subway? Talking to my brother and his fiancee? I wish I knew where that time went. Then I would have something (or someone) to be mad at. As it is, I can only be pissed at myself.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. I'm in New York. Yay. Actually, my brother lives in one of the urban suburbs just north of the city (we'll call it North New York, or 2NY for short). Said suburb is apparently getting very trendy...lots of fancy buildings going up all over the place. I stayed here last night, and now I'm headed to visit my dear friend in Brooklyn (though I'm picking her up at her place of employment in Manhattan). So in a little over an hour, I'll be back on my island...

Happy Sunday to all. I know it was for me (until this incident) because the Steelers won...

2 comments:

Bright-Eyes said...

late, huh? You are so black.

Anywhoooo,

How's it feel to be in the Ci-tay?

Melissa said...

Um, 2 things that my mouth is hanging open about... your little bro is ENGAGED? I mean, he's supposed to be in 6th grade forever. Short, funny-ass Kid N Play slant, riding on my shoulders across the stage in the HS musical. *sigh* I feel old. 2nd, the Stillers won by a respectable margin. I'm thrilled!