Monday, September 17, 2007

hotel livin'

So, I don't know if I've mentioned this yet, but I'm living in a hotel. Again.

This one is WAY classier than the last one. Full kitchen, huge living space, plenty of closets. It's actually bigger than the studio apartment I lived in back in Sleepy Hamlet. And they've got a little weight room, and complementary breakfast every morning (not just donuts and coffee, but eggs and cereal and sausage and waffles...awesome), and a happy hour four nights a week. Plus I'm living about ninety seconds away from downtown Valley City. So...it's a sweet set-up.

The only complaint I have is TV. Why won't hotels give you (a) TVs with AV ports (those red-yellow-and-white plugs/holes) or (b) VCRs or DVRs? I mean, how hard would it be? VCRs cost, like, ten dollars nowadays. Ridiculous. I'm rehearsing 1-10 on Sundays, meaning that I miss lots of football. It would be so great if I could just record something and watch it later - like I was able to do at the mansion in Cowtown.

I shouldn't complain. I'm very lucky to be able to do what I do, and get paid large sums of money to do it. And the digs are great. You know how it is...

Think I'm going to head to one of those happy hours and see if I can steal some food.

No comments: