Tuesday, September 11, 2007

audition woes

I was really annoyed by myself before; now I've calmed down.

Somewhat.

I totally blew an audition today.

I ran through my pieces in my apartment, and they were good. Really good. But I only left myself 5 minutes to play with, and I lost a whole lot more than that, due to a sick passenger on my subway line. So I showed up ten minutes late, sweating buckets and completely frazzled. And, like an idiot, I didn't take the extra time offered me by the monitor. Instead, I said, "Sure, I'm ready!" and marched in.

It wasn't that my audition was so bad (it probably rated a B) as much as it could really have been great I guess you just chalk this up as a learning experience - and vow not to make the same mistake again.

One other thing I must admit. While this entry is being written on Tuesday evening, I'm writing it longhand in my notebook, because I don't think I'm going to get any computer time today (long story). Does it still count as an entry, or have I failed my task? I leave it up to you to decide...

No comments: