...from the Hot Librarian...
1. What was the turning point that made you decide to pursue acting as a career?
That's an excellent question. There was a point in my college career where I knew that politics wasn't for me, and I was kind of at a loss for what to do next. My girlfriend at the time had been bugging me to try and go to grad school, so the thought was in my head.
I guess the moment where I knew it was going to happen was after my dad (who was unemployed) set me up with one of his headhunters for some job in one of the Carolinas. And the headhunter was going over all of the academic requirements and I just kept thinking, "That's not me." I hadn't been accepted to grad school at that time, and fairly soon after that phone call, I decided that if I didn't get in anywhere, I was going to move in with my little brother in NY and give the acting thing a real shot.
Fortunately, I didn't have to do that.
2. What was your favorite college experience? (It's a good question, so I'm stealing it)
Oooooh, HL, that hurts. Stealing my own question!
There were a few. In no particular order:
- sitting around watching the will-they-or-won't-they of Ross and Rachel on Friends (so sad, i know)
- playing flag football with the guys
- my surprise 20th birthday party
- hanging out with the Hot Librarian and my girlfriend and my roommate - always good times
- finishing my last paper
- making out on the beach during post-exams sophomore year - that week was incredible
I think that's enough.
3. If you had the opportunity to run for public office -- and you had a good chance of winning -- would you go for it?
Only if I were in a position to really affect change. I don't think that I'd ever want to be President - but if I thought I could really fix things, I do it. But on a local level - sure, I could see myself doing that someday. (After I permanently erased my blog!)
4. Do you want to settle down with one person, and if so, do you think you've already met her?
I've been thinking about this question since I got it. I definitely want to settle down with one person, but lately I've been thinking about becoming George Clooney. I mean, he's got a great life, right? And he seems pretty happy.
The thing is, I'm a person who needs space - at least 20 minutes a day to totally do my own thing. That tends to get on the nerves of most of my exes.
As far as people...I really have NO idea who it could be. I think that, if she ditches the ex, and some of my job/her school plans work out, I could have a future with the Power Broker. And maybe the GISS would have an outside shot. Other than those two, I really don't have a clue who it could be. Do you? I'd love some suggestions...
5. What is your acting-related dream job?
I've always said that I have three: doing Shakespeare in Central Park, having a leading/featured role in a major motion picture, and...working at the theater company in Sleepy Hamlet. So far I'm 1 for 3.
Any more questions for me?