Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Even the 5-0 likes the Steelers!


This is my favorite picture from the Steelers' victory parade yesterday. It was estimated that 250,000 people showed up yesterday in downtown Pittsburgh to welcome the team home and celebrate their fifth Super Bowl title, and their first in 26 years. Let me repeat that number: a quarter of a million people! Amazing. This demonstrates the extreme love affair the people of the city of Pittsburgh have with their Steelers. It also explains why I am the way I am.

I may be a bit scarce over the next week or so - we have a really crazy run of shows, and then on Sunday evening I'm taking a trip to the dear ol' alma mater. I haven't been back there in seven years, and I'm really excited to make (what I hope is) a triumphant return. More on the details of the trip later...

No comments: