Friday, February 24, 2006

back in the saddle

Sorry for the absence, gang. It took me a little longer to get settled in here than I thought - long day of rehearsal on Tuesday, then back to work on Wednesday morning. And then, on Wednesday night, I was feeling really bored and really lonely, and I was staring 36 hours of nothing dead in the face. So I took a spur-of-the-moment trip to Sleepy Hamlet (it's only a few hours from Cowtown).

It was just what I needed. I got to see some of my really good friends, and people generally treated me as a conquering hero. And I think my ego needed some stroking. It was a lot of fun. And I was able to come back to rehearsal today in a much better place.

I've got a "friend" in town this weekend, so I can't say that posting here will be the foremost thing in my mind, but I'll try to get on here to tell you about the first few days of rehearsal, as well as tell you my little Safeway story (which ended up resolving itself just fine). Good weekend to all...

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Dude, rock on this weekend. ; hehe

I have another lychee martini to make...

DH said...

Have fun with that "friend" my man.

I've been daydreaming of a roadtrip of my own lately...just don't know where I'd end up.

April said...

Yeah, have fun with the "friend"...;-)

Spur-of-the-moment trips are so much fun!