Monday, January 30, 2006

late riser

Hope you all don't hate me for writing this, but I've been having a sleeping problem lately. I'm able to sleep just fine...I just can't seem to get out of bed before noon. That's probably because I haven't gone to bed until 5am the last couple of nights.

I fully admit that one of my favorite things about being an actor is not waking up to an alarm - I feel so much better when I can wake up on my own - and I also admit that I'm not a morning person, but I'd still like to be up and at 'em by 10 or so...11 at the latest. So I'm a bit disturbed by this late-to-bed-late-to-rise trend I'm developing.

I even tried a couple of nights ago to go to bed at 2:30, but I just lay there for 30 minutes staring at the ceiling. And I hate that. So I got up and played Playstation for a couple of hours. Does this happen to anyone else?

Gotta go...my show is on.

1 comment:

Miss Fire said...

Here's something worse than going to bed and laying there staring at the ceiling. Waking up in the middle of the night thinking about something, then not being able to go back to sleep until I quit thinking. That's so hard. The wheels never stop turning. I will literally wake up and start making a grocery list. Or thinking about what I need to do for work. Eyes open and blammo! So I know how you feel.....

My suggestion - don't play Playstation. Read something boring, like the text of an upcoming Senate bill or something like that. ;-)