Monday, January 23, 2006

the case of the unreturned phone call

So...here's something I don't get.

I met a young lady a few weeks ago - I was shopping for pants and she was the lovely sales associate. She was obviously flirting with me - touching my legs and telling me that my ass looked good in the jeans, etc. So, as I was completing my transaction, I asked for her phone number. She gave it to me.

I called her several days later, asking about her weekend plans. She said that she couldn't hang out this weekend because she had a friend in town, but that I should call her again because she really wanted to hang out. I call five or six days later - get her machine - leave a message and my phone #.

No response.

About a week later I call again, leave a brief message and phone #.

No response.

I'm not really inclined to call again, though I did think she was pretty hot, because I kind of get the hint. What I don't get is...why did she give me her number in the first place? Why not just say, "I have a boyfriend," or, "I don't go out with guys I meet at work." Either would have been perfectly considerate, even if they were lies.

I just get annoyed when people don't communicate with me. And I guess the biggest thing for me is that because I really don't know anyone in Steak City, it's much more important for me to meet cool people than for me to score. You know what I mean? So...even if she had agreed to hang out, it wouldn't have necessarily meant that I would have jumped her bones.

Oh well. At least I have the Steelers. They'll never leave me. ;-)

4 comments:

April said...

I don't know what to tell you...sounds like an idiot to me! ;)

Melissa said...

Yes, idiot. Tarty idiot. She's either had the week from hell and has been absent from everything, in which case she'll call you soon and profusely apologize. Or, more likely, she's a tarty idiot.

The Rover said...

Well, that store won't be MAC. See my next post...

Bright-Eyes said...

It's so not a big deal This happens all the time. She probably changed her mind after the fact. Whatever, who cares, you don't even know her, que no?

i don't think she is an idiot, though.

I don't give my number out. if a guy asks me for it, I ask him for his card.

But M might be right too, she could be MIA, and she may call you and apologize.

Or maybe she saw you buying make-up and freaked out.