Thursday, January 19, 2006

you were right...

So...'member back when I said that my cast was boring and normal? Well, dear readers, you were right. Some oddities have popped up - and where I least expected them.

Now, before you get all excited, I have to say that there's only a couple of people in the show with me that have shown dicey-ness so far. There's still a few weeks left, so we do have more time. But there's definitely one prime offender.

The problem is that this offender is about twelve. And he's one of the brattiest kids I've ever met. He has an answer for everything. He uses big words. He's given me acting notes. Let me repeat that last one...

HE'S GIVEN ME ACTING NOTES!

I've been acting longer than he's been alive! And he always has all these crazy suggestions for the director. And the rest of us are looking around like, "Who the hell is this?" He even managed to get into a yes-you-did no-i-didn't discussion once.

If he were 22, I'd slap the shit out of him - and I'm not a violent person. But, obviously, I can't hit a minor. So...what can I do to this kid that will be (a) fun for me and (b) not emotionally or physically scarring for him? Suggestions are welcome...I'll think of a cool prize for the winner...

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow. Not to say I told you so... but I told you so. And so did several other level-headed bloggers we know. But that's neither here nor there. Freak flags are flying high.

12 yr. old brat... let's see. Hmm. You could pull the old eyedrops-in-the-soda trick and he'll be stuck in the shitter for a day. But that's a little harsh. Let me ruminate on this for a bit. I'm sure my sick brain will come up with something.

Melissa said...

OH YES - totally go with the repeating him thing. But only when there are no adults around. When he mentions something about it amid other people just look at him, them look at them, and make a face like you feel sorry for the little, crazy kid.

Dr. The Bird Man said...

I think that you should give him acting notes back...Only they should be completely unhelpful...like..."It would improve your delivery of that line on pg 46 if you were 6 inches taller." or "Your character would be much more believable if he had a beard...at the very least he desperately needs a mustash...can you please grow a mustash?"

Bright-Eyes said...

Talk about what a great lay his mother is.


just kidding...sort of.

I thik that when no one else is around you should mutter things that will freak him out. Talk to an imaginary friend. Talk about HIM to said imaginary friend. Then just smile at him.

girl in search of ananda said...

oh I would take the high road and be the man that I know and love. I would sit this child down and have a little chat with him...remember how you so eloquently took care of that dude that kept calling me? What was his name? J? G? Fuck. But...You were just trying to help that brotha out...

So, I would sit him down and find out that his parents don't give him attention (child actors) that kids at school make fun of him and that he probably looks up to you more than you know. If you make him cry, that's ok. Ive done that with grown men.