Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I made a new friend!

(Full disclosure...I'm blogging after having a few drinks, so I may be a little looser than normal...)

Very exciting... I must admit that I've been going through a down phase here...as nice as all of the people in the cast are, I just haven't really clicked with anybody, and I've really just wanted to go and hang out with some cool people, get a couple of drinks, talk about whatever Gen Yers talk about, etc.

And tonight, thanks to MySpace, I did just that. Met a very cool girl and some of her friends - spent two and a half hours just hanging out. She told me that I "passed the test", and said that she'd call this weekend with more activities. So now I finally have someone to hang out with in Steak City!

I can't let this go without commenting...I really have a crush on this girl. She's really really cool, and totally gorgeous. But she kept mentioning other guys she had crushes on. Now, I know that she was telling one of these stories because she hadn't seen her friend in a while. But I was totally getting mixed signals all night. I'm not looking for a life partner here - I'm only in town for six more weeks - but I wouldn't mind making out with her. Suggestions on how to proceed, or should I forget the whole thing and just enjoy having non-work friends?

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Just because she's mentioning other men in mixed company doesn't mean she's not fair game for the K Lance. If you put the moves on her and she denies you, then oh well, it was worth a shot. Like you said - 6 more weeks - why not see if you guys can have a fun time together that perhaps includes a little more than drinks with a group of people?

The Rover said...

True...I was hoping to get her one-on-one at the end of the evening to "ask her on a date", but it didn't end up that way. Maybe this weekend...

Bright-Eyes said...

well..you know the question I am going to ask...is she?

As far as making out...just move in for the kill...the beauty of your not being there for long is that you don't have to worry about endless months of akwardness.

Melissa said...

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and say she's blonde... am I right? You sucker. ;)

The Rover said...

Thanks for the cynicism, BE and M. She's actually Mexican, so she's got thick black wavy hair...I like it...I like it a lot...

Melissa said...

Holy crap, you dig a Mexican girl. Cool. Enough WASPs already. I am one and I'm sick of 'em. *giggle*

Bright-Eyes said...

who are you telling M!!!

Finally you are off the blanquitas...let me know if you need any sexy talk in spanish. I do what I can.....

Say this to her "tus ojos me hacen pensar en la luna...tu voz es dulce como azucar, y quiero lamerte de la cabeza hasta los pies."

really ...do it.

The Rover said...

You know what I'm realizing? I met her on MySpace...and the address of my blog is on MySpace...so, theoretically, she could be reading this whole conversation! That could be a little awkward...of course, she's the type of lady who would probably make fun of me. I think that's why I like her.