Monday, January 08, 2007

homeful

Happy 2007, people. Sorry I've been AWOL for the last week - spent a lot of time in Los Angeles, which included a great visit with GISS (who really needs a new name), and a lot of time on airplanes. But now...I'm back in the city, baby.

And, more importantly, I've got a new place.

I'm no longer homeless! It only took 14 months...

It's a great apartment - brownstone, two levels - in fact, I've got the entire basement to myself. I could use a little more light, and my spiral staircase is a touch dangerous, but it's pretty perfect. I've already got a ton of ideas on how to put it together, and I'm excited to work on it over the next few months.

Not so excited about my cash flow situation. New York's system for filing for unemployment is forcing me to jump through a lot of hoops, and it doesn't look like I'm going to get any cash in the short term. I was able to save a tiny bit during my last jaunt to Cowtown, but it's pretty much going towards my rent in February. So I could be reduced to selling blood plasma soon. I am auditioning a lot right now, though - hopefully I can scrounge up a job or two.

There will be more posts soon, trust me. I just wanted to throw something up quick and let you know that I'm still alive...

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

Plasma is a lot more profitable if you can contract some sort of disease. Mono is good - that got me $50/donation in college. However, my nephew contracted toxoplasmosis, a disease caused by coming into contact with cat feces, and got $200 per donation! Changed any litter boxes lately?