Tuesday, October 10, 2006

stop the ride...i wanna get off

Wow.

Sooooooo tired.

A whirlwind few days. Went to visit G'ma this weekend, which meant sleeping on couch cushions artfully positioned on the floor. Finished saying my good-byes in NY. Suffered through the Steelers' Sunday night debacle. Woke up at ten to six yesterday morning to begin my trek to the airport. Three flights, three time zones and 15 hours later, I found myself in Cowtown.

I have a good friend who works at the theater I'm doing this show at, and she very badly wanted me to go to LA with her. It's not a long drive from here, but it was long enough to make me question whether or not I wanted to spend any more time in transit. I felt bad, but I had to decline. Smartest thing I've ever done.

She actually almost had me convinced, in my jet-lagged stupor, last night. But I woke up this morning in the comfy bed in my guest house, and I realized, mere seconds after gaining consciousness, that there was no way that I was going to spend another night on a couch. My butt was staying in Cowtown.

Off to the grocery store for round two of shopping - don't you just hate it when you go to one store and they only have, like, 75% of the things you need? Terrible.

No comments: