Short trip to Sleepy Hamlet this weekend. I needed to see a doctor, and it was a lot easier to pop over there and see my old doc rather than explaining everything to a new physician who I didn't know or trust. Saw the important peeps, which was great. Suri drove me up - I always believe that true friendship is surviving a long car trip together. We survived.
It's been kind of a rough few days, which is why I haven't posted. I'm kind of tired of always putting negative stuff up all the time. I mean, this reflects my life, so if I'm in a funk, that's what you're getting. Wynter mentioned a while back, however, that there seemed to be a lot of frustrations and such, so I've definitely been looking for the positive.
In case you're keeping score at home, these past few days I:
- found out I probably won't be making it home for the holidays (both Thanksgiving and Christmas) for the first time ever
- broke things off with the X after two grueling, heart-wrenching two-hour-long conversations on consecutive days
- saw my bank account dwindle down close to zero
- watched the Steelers lose...again
- had a near meltdown in rehearsal - a story that I can't really get into on the blog for security reasons - let's just say that the play, while on track to be very good, is veering off in a direction that I never foresaw, and I can't quite get on track with everybody else
But, if there's one thing I've learned, it's that I'm pretty tough. I've got most of the next two days off, so I can concentrate on working on my script and exercising and eating all of the healthy food I got from Trader Joe's (my favorite grocery store). Maybe even sit in the hot tub of the Main House.
Hope that all are doing well.