Monday, October 02, 2006

party time

Because there is SO much to write about...

As I mentioned in the previous post, I went to the Yankee game with an old friend of mine, from grad school. He and I were actually roommates for a couple of years as well. Let's call him "Bluto", after John Belushi's character in Animal House.

Bluto is totally the life of the party. He's extremely good looking (I've heard him described as looking Clooney-esque) and even more charismatic. He can drink you under the table and will party until the sun comes up. And this weekend, he was in rare form. We didn't meet any ladies at the Stadium, but after the game he wanted to take me out to explore the "scene".

And, for being in the Bronx, Yankee Stadium has quite a bar scene. And that scene has quite an impressive amount of attractive young women decked out in all sorts of Yankee attire.

Bluto immediately made eye contact with a girl across the bar and bought her a drink. So we met her and her four friends, who were up from Jersey. Have I also mentioned that Bluto also manages to find the most attractive women? I wasn't that impressed with the woman from across the room, but up close...damn. Soon, however, another lady grabbed my friend's attention, so he left me to hold down the fort with the four ladies. Now, I've got a little game, but not that much (and I'm not really looking for any action these days, which is a story for another day), so after about ten minutes I found myself without those four girls, fending off advances from another woman who had sidled up to me at the bar.

Bluto and I decided to head into Manhattan to meet up with another friend of ours, who (sticking with the Animal House theme) I'll call Otter. (You know, Eric Stratton, rush chairman, damn glad to meet you.) Otter is another great looking guy who is a fast-rising star in the entertainment industry. Let's put it this way - if I suddenly have to end this blog because I've landed a starring role on a TV show, it will probably be because of Otter. He's also a really attractive guy who has ladies all over him, but he's really looking for Ms. Right.

On the train, Bluto started chatting up more ladies. And this was just a warm-up for the restaurant we met Otter at, where Bluto ended up simultaneously chatting with six different woman - a table of three, a table of two, and the waitress. I think that between the Bronx and the gaggle of ladies, he scored three phone numbers. All before eleven.

But, at this point, I had consumed several beers (more than four, less than ten; I'm not really sure - let's say seven to be safe) and had to slow down. We had some other people meet up with us, and then I went about about 2:30 - they kept partying.

As I told my brother yesterday, Bluto is a great guy, and superfun to hang out with. But, if you do it on a regular basis, your liver starts to hurt. And, when we were living together, it actually started to disrupt my every day life. And there's no changing him, either - many women have tried, and failed. He's always been a good friend to me, don't get me wrong, but he's also that party guy who will probably never stop partying. You just have to love him for who and what he is.

You'll probably get one more post today...

No comments: