Thursday, May 15, 2008

semi-proactive

Just finished whittling down my headshots from 280 to 20. I should have done this weeks ago, but I just hadn't been able to get to it until now. (They're on my MySpace/Facebook pages, if you're interested in checking them out and giving me some feedback.)

I'm hopeful that these pics, plus the recent additions to my resume, will give my career the bounce I need to work consistently. I know that I'm doing pretty well - three shows a year for the past 5 years is nothing to sneeze at. But I need to start landing better-paying jobs, at higher-profile theaters (like the one I'm working at now), as well as beginning to venture into film and TV.

Next step (after I narrow it down to a couple of photos and get them touched up and reproduced) is to send out the new pics to...well...everyone I've ever encountered in a professional setting. I'm hoping that can be accomplished by mid-June, if I get all of the letters written by the time I leave Fox City.

Wish me luck! (And feel free to introduce me to your second cousin who is the head of casting for NBC.)

No comments: