Tuesday, March 18, 2008

in other news...

I DID have a date last night.

I'm trying to think of a good name for her - nothing as of yet. She is, however, the ex-girlfriend of The Traveler (my new roommate - who is a girl). Apparently The Traveler told all of her single female friends that her new roommate was cute and available, and her ex jumped on the bandwagon first.

She's a law student, petite, blonde (yeah, yeah), super smart, passionate. Last night was the third time we hung out, but the first "date". Drinks at a bar followed by dinner. Followed by me walking her home. Followed by a quick good night kiss.

She's going out of town for a week, and when she comes back her schedule is worse than mine, and then I'm going away for a month, but she seems really cool, and we have a good vibe. One red flag, though (besides the fact that she's my roommate's ex) is that the two of them fight like cats and dogs. It's kind of ridiculous.

Overall, though, it's a good thing. We'll see what happens. Looking forward to the comments...

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Not touching this... yet. This requires an in-person conversation.

DH said...

OK...let me get this straight (so to speak)...your roommate (a girl) set you up with her ex-GIRLfriend???

I see a script in there somewhere.