Friday, March 07, 2008

i got a job!

Remember the horrible audition I wrote about on Tuesday?

Turns out it wasn't so terrible.

It felt horrific. I left there feeling so bad...and then the headshot thing, of course. But on Tuesday afternoon, I got an e-mail from my agent, telling me to be at the callback on Thursday.

(I double-checked the e-mail, to make sure it had my name on it, etc. - I actually thought the casting director had made a mistake.)

I was worried about working on the piece, but I was able to get some time, strangely, at work on Wednesday night. And then, on Thursday, when I went in there...

I killed it.

It was one of the best auditions I've ever had in my life. I was facile, responsive, open, agile - I mean, I shone. I was great. And at the end, the director looked at me with that little gleam they get in their eye sometimes - that's when you know you've got a shot.

And today, my agent sent me a note telling me that I got the part.

It's a short gig. It doesn't start for a couple of months. But it isn't in the city, which means that I've got to come up with a new pseudonym. I can tell you that it is within a half day's drive, which is exciting because my family can come see it. And it's a big enough role that it's totally worth seeing.

So this has made my weekend. Hopefully yours is as good...

2 comments:

Melissa said...

OH MY GAWD, Voice & Sandwich will get to come see it? That's fabulous!!! Congrats, man. This is good news.

DH said...

Congrats man! That's awesome. Very happy for you.