Tuesday, April 11, 2006

why schedule anything?

I'm starting to think that I should never "announce" what my future plans are. Every time I think I've got everything worked out, something else pops up.

Now there's a development which may potentially keep me out of LA until fall 2007.

(It could also increase the duration of my stay in New York, allowing me some time there in winter and spring '07.)

So, until I start signing contracts - or resolve to take some time off - I'm only going to address the future as speculation. Because, obviously, life can and will happen.

What I do know for sure, though, is that I don't have all that much time left in Cowtown. Sunday night I'm off to LA to visit GISS (Girl I'm Sorta Seeing) and some other friends for a few days. Trips to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles and the beach are in order. Then, next weekend, I head up to Sleepy Hamlet. I'm going to be doing some teaching there for a couple of weeks this summer, so I'm going up to sign the contract and see some plays and attend some meetings. (I was actually planning on visiting there to see plays and friends anyway; wrapping the job stuff into it allows them to pay me for being there, which is a-ok in my book.)

And, two weeks from today, I go back to NYC. Couch hopping for a week, Brooklyn for the next two. Should be loads of fun.

Time for me to watch yesterday's episode of 24 on the TiVo - boy, am I going to miss that thing when I'm gone.

3 comments:

Bright-Eyes said...

you do know that sorta spells Jizz, right?

The Rover said...

So dirty. Why?

Word verification = badfnid. That's you. Badfnid.

Bright-Eyes said...

Gissum!