Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The eagle has landed

That's right, peeps, I'm back on the East Coast. As Tony! Toni! Tone! would say, it feels good. Yeah.

I walked around a lot today - my plans ended up getting all messed up and I didn't want to have to to take the commuter train multiple times (I'm staying with my brother for a few days before moving into my Brooklyn sublet). Ended up going uptown to see some old peeps - ran into three grad school professors. Made phone calls to agents. Ate an "eggwich". Had coffee with a blogger. Had chai with a dear friend.

It was a good day.

And yet, I feel a little strange being back. Maybe it's because, for the first time in 3 1/2 years, I'm actually going to be here for a while. I don't have to rush to get everything done. And, furthermore, I have to kick a little acting game while I'm here. I'm working on securing representation, going on auditions, making connections. I haven't worked this hard on the "business" aspect in years. But I think it will be good for me.

I'm still on West Coast time, but I'm getting sleepy. More t'm'row - I've decided that since I've been running around like a crazy person for the last week or so, I'm just going to take it easy...

3 comments:

Bright-Eyes said...

k-lance is back,

hell yea bitches!

Marj said...

welcome back and congrats on the sublet! ^_^

i give you lots of credit. traveling so often would get me stressed... it's hard enough to take a train every day to greenwich, ct.

Enjoy :D

~wyn

Melissa said...

WORD