Friday, December 26, 2008

a new york meme

Name: The Rover

Job: Actor

Age: 31 (sigh)

Neighborhood: Big ups to Brooklyn!

Who's your favorite New Yorker, living or dead, real or fictional?
This is a great question.

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer.


What's the best meal you've eaten in New York?
Generally, the last one. I did have a fantastic dinner with Maxine a couple of weeks ago at Blue Water Grill in Union Square, so I'll go with that.


In one sentence, what do you actually do all day in your job?
In between surfing the internet, texting friends, watching TV, talking on the phone, I tell stories - or look for new stories to tell.


Would you still live here on a $35,000 salary?
That would be a raise for me, so yes.


What's the last thing you saw on Broadway?
The Little Mermaid. I know someone in the show. It was pretty good, actually.


What's your drink?
It changes, depending on the time of year. In the summer, I prefer a hefeweizen. Winter demands Irish Whiskey or Scotch. If I'm "watching my figure", I'll go with the vodka tonic. And if I need dessert, I'm not above ordering a Kahula or an Amarula. But, generally speaking, I'm a beer guy.


How often do you prepare your own meals?
When my life isn't too chaotic, I'd say 90% of the time. When I'm in tech, or hopping from place to place, it's more like 40%. I prefer to cook for myself.


What's your favorite medication?
The prescription-strength Pepcid that keeps my acid reflux at bay.


What's hanging above your sofa?
Nothing. Which reminds me, do you want to buy my sofa? It's too big to fit into my studio...


How much is too much to spend on a haircut?
$20. But I'm kinda cheap.


When's bedtime?
Ideally? 1 am. Usually? 2:30.


Which do you prefer, the old Times Square or the new Times Square?
I guess new, but there really are no winners with this question.


Do you give money to panhandlers?
No. I subscribe to a bastardized version of the viewpoint discrimination theory: either I give to everybody, or nobody. I'm poor, so right now it's nobody.


What do you think of Donald Trump?
He uses too much gold in his buildings. Otherwise, I think he's hilarious.


What do you hate most about living in New York?
The price tag.


Who is your mortal enemy?
I don't know that I have one right now.


When's the last time you drove a car?
Yesterday.


Who should be the next president?
The guy we elected. YES WE CAN!


Times, Post, or Daily News?
Times. Not even close. Although I do enjoy seeing the front and back pages of the tabloids every day.


Where do you go to be alone?
These days? The bathroom.


What makes someone a New Yorker?
A healthy disdain for tourists. That, and being able to give a person multiple routes to get to the same place.

No comments: