Tuesday, December 30, 2008

an explanation

If you scroll down the screen to December 20, you will notice a post entitled: in '09, i'm going to usher the following things into my life. An explanation is in order.

I have a friend who, every year, has a Solstice Party. There are several rituals involved in this party, but my favorite one is when people write down a list of things that they want to bring into their lives the following year. I guess it's sort of like a more abstract version of a New Year's resolution. You are not supposed to look at the list until the Solstice Party the following year, when you read the list and are mortified that you forgot all about learning to ice skate - or are pleasantly surprised that you did land an agent like you thought.

Anyway, I've been going to this party for years, and I always assumed that I had posted my goals for the year, but this is the first time that I've put them up on the blog. The list is here, and hopefully this will inspire you to make your own list. Enjoy.

No comments: