Tuesday, July 29, 2008

here we go again

written on the subway: i had originally intended for this to be a "pre-written" post - but then i wrote something on wednesday. go figure.

As you read this, I'm probably sitting back, feet kicked up, enjoying the modern comforts of air travel.

(Or, I'm trapped between a screaming baby and a sweaty talkative 400 lb. man. Whichever works for you.)

Yes, The Rover is hitting the road once again. The destination is a familiar one, the place where it all started for me: Sleepy Hamlet.

I'll be there for 2 1/2 weeks of teaching (much like I did two years ago) and five days of absolute debauchery. We're having a mini-reunion of sorts - almost all of my close friends from my time are coming up, and we've promised to paint the town red. (Which will take all of five minutes.)

I'm hopeful that this will produce a wealth of fun and interesting posts. I generally have a bit of downtime each day, as well as my own room, so I really have no excuse.

See you on the other side!

No comments: