Thursday, June 21, 2007

roommate issues

My roommate is driving me crazy.

She's a very nice woman, and she means well. Caring and supportive, blah blah blah. BUT...

- SHE'S A SLOB. Her room is a mess, there are always crumbs everywhere, the upstairs bathroom (which she has totally taken over) is filthy, and I'm always finding three-quarters empty Starbucks cups and banana peels (seriously) all over the place. She even poured popcorn into a COLLANDER last week, and then wondered why we had popcorn all over the floor. Which I had to vacuum up, by the way. Which reminds me...

- SHE DOESN'T CLEAN UP AFTER HERSELF. I'm always the one vacuuming, or doing the dishes, or wiping down the counters. I think she emptied the dishwasher once.

- SHE HAS NO IDEA HOW TO USE A TRASH CAN. She just keeps piling things on top of the pile until it overflows. Sometimes I'll close the bag, if there's something really stinky in the can. And what does she do? She just throws her trash on top of the closed plastic bag. It's disgusting. And, of course, I'm the only one who takes the garbage out.

- SHE'S TOO FAMILIAR. You know those people who assume that they can joke around with you, or make certain assumptions about you because "they know you so well"? I was being called "baby" from about day 3. And she's also come up with a very annoying nickname for me, a bastardized version of my real name. It drives me crazy. And she knows it drives me crazy, and she's tried to come up with something else, but at least once a day I hear that damn nickname. Makes me want to puncture my own eardrums.

- SHE'S CONSTANTLY USING MY COMPUTER. Clementine is a one-man laptop, people. I don't get good reception downstairs, so I've got to come upstairs to get online, and every time I'm up here she asks to get on to do some small task. And then she ends up on the thing for hours. And she always logs me out of my e-mail, which drives me crazy.

There's more, but I don't have the heart to go through it all. I don't know if I can make it through the whole summer, y'all.

5 comments:

L. Britt said...

Rover, you grew up for a reason. Tell that woman where she can go...to the utility closet to clean up after her nasty ass! And next time she asks you to use the computer, tell her "no." You don't have to be friends with her, just roommates. You have plenty of friends. Shee-eet, I have a hard time letting TM use Luz (my computer's name) and I'm madly in love with him!

karel said...

omg. WORST. i don't even know how you are still alive.

scratch that. how is SHE still alive?

ps i still have to name my computer!

DH said...

I don't know why, but I feel a Fine Young Cannibals song coming on.

Good luck w/the roomie...I won't throw too many stones as I've been known as the messy one before (and now for that matter)...but there are limits...even for me.

And hey...where are those pics of the local Rockport girls that I promised you would give me? :)

Jeff The Writer said...

like the blog ....(sigh) roommates... no fun man. only thing worse than sharing an apartment with someone who won't clean up after themselves is sharing a dorm room with someone who won't clean up after themselves...ugh

The Rover said...

DH, your head would probably explode if I started to send you pics...