Monday, November 28, 2005

Kansas!

In the midwest at last...boy, is this a different place. It's like suburbia times twelve...I've been here a little more than 24 hours and I've already gotten at least a dozen stares and double-takes. They're not of the rude, boy-i'm-gonna-kill-you-if-you-look-at-my-girl kind, but more of the what-the-hell-is-one-of-your-people-doin'-out-here variety.

Driving here yesterday was an adventure...drove through the hardest rain I've ever seen. At one point I almost stopped the car on the interstate. It rained sheets of rain - I couldn't even see the lights of the car in front of me. And then the hail started. I swear, on this trip Raf and I have seen everything but locusts. (I probably shouldn't have said that, 'cause I think we're in the right location for those.)

I must say, though, that so far, I like Kansas. Not enough to move here, but it's all right. Maybe our plush accomodations have something to do with that.

Got to get ready for the Steelers game tonight, but the post about the rest of my weekend will come t'm'row.

4 comments:

Bright-Eyes said...

I can't remember if you are going to get a chance to get to NYC or not....

The Rover said...

Yes, for two weeks. I'll call you soon...

Dr. The Bird Man said...

Did you drive to Kansas from Pensylvania via I-70? If so, I hope you waved while passing exit 126 in the Great State of Missouri.

The Rover said...

Nope - flew in on a big pretty plane. Connected via Cincy. Don't worry...when I'm in your neck of the woods, I'll let you know...