Tuesday, November 01, 2005

It's Over

The gang is splitting up. The Foursome is down to three - my friend Matt left today. We stood around outside a pizza place last night and stared at each other...nothing to say. How do you sum up three years in five minutes? It's impossible.

I hate good-byes, and it's even worse when you are saying it to a bunch of people. Every day someone else is taking off, and I have no idea when I will see them again. And the worst thing about it is that I know - we all know - that nothing will ever be the same again. We can write, call, visit, but we'll never be able to get back to that time where all of us lived within three blocks of each other. It's like leaving college, but worse.

I am really, really sad. I'm still excited for my future, and the opportunities ahead of me, but right now I just want my friends back.

Major announcement coming on Friday. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Bright-Eyes said...

What city what city what city!?!?!?!???!?!?!


Yea it is always sad leaving people you have become close to. When I left colonial house that was the feeling. I mean, when are THOSE circumstances ever going to happen? And we all went back to our regular lives, and all being at different points in our lives, we knew we would never all be in the same place at the same time again.
wierd. It was sad.
But a door has to close for another to open. And honestly. If you are all really so close, you will always be close and the distance won't do anything if you don't want it to.
Who wants default friends?

::BIG HUG::

(That was for both of us)