Friday, November 21, 2008

my letter to myself

At the camp I work at in Sleepy Hamlet in the summer, we make our students write letters to themselves three months in the future. They're usually writing these letters on the last night, and it provides a nice pick-me-up down the road when they get these great messages from their confident selves.

My kick-ass camp friend and I decided to participate in the exercise as well. Today, my letter arrived. Here's what it said.

[R] -

How's Bluff City? I'm sure that you're having a fun time w/the show, having the ol' crew together. And I'm sure that you're a bit frustrated at only working a little bit each night.

Remember how many people are proud of you.

Remember how much support you have from your friends and family.

Remember how all these students looked up to you.

Remember that you're doing exactly what you want to be doing. Not temping. Not checking IDs. Not sitting at home. YOU'RE AN ACTOR.

Now, save some $, read some books, call your mother and your grandmother, and keep your head up. And keep the faith.

- [The Rover] 8/15 lounge, next to my kick-ass camp friend

ps - only 2 1/2 more months of blogging left! you can do it!



Good advice. It's been a tough couple of days, and that definitely helped.

No comments: