Saturday, June 07, 2008

sports malaise

With the start of the NBA Finals and, to a lesser extent, the end of the Stanley Cup Finals, we're now into the beginning of my least favorite sports-related time of the year. There's nothing to watch except baseball, and it will be like this for about eight weeks or so, until football training camps open up. And watching baseball in the middle of the summer is extremely boring - nothing gets meaningful or exciting until August 1.

(Yes, I am aware that tennis and golf are in full swing, but I'm only a casual watcher of tennis, and I don't like golf.)

So what's a boy to do? Last year I played a lot of Playstation, and that may be the ticket again this year. Or I could watch the NFL Network and prepare myself for the upcoming season.

What I really should do? Read a few good books.

No comments: