Tuesday, April 15, 2008

i hate temping. except when i don't.

at desk at my temp job

Sometimes I wish I had a real job. This would include real job-like amenities, like:

- a desk/cubicle with my name on it
- comrades & colleagues
- two dozen collared shirts and nice pants (unless I was lucky enough to work in a place where I could wear jeans)
- a consistent salary that would allow me a decent standard of living
- a job title that I could bandy around at parties

Really, I just like playing office. I have enough commitment problems, so saying I'm going to work 9-5 five days a week for fifty weeks a year for thirty years scares the bejeezus out of me. And I do love my internet-gym-rehearsal-drinks lifestyle I lead when I'm acting or prepping for a show.

Still, a boy can dream...

No comments: