Friday, December 28, 2007

apartment hunting

I hate it.

Desperately, desperately hate it.

I don't want to live in a crappy, far-away, unsafe neighborhood. But, because of my chosen profession, I can't afford to pay $1000/month for a place - there's just too much uncertainty, you know? So right now I'm just tearing my hair out.

(Actually, my hair is pretty short right now, so if I actually wanted to physically tear out hunks o' my locks, it would be pretty unsatisfying.)

Going to go look at three places today. I'll let you know if any of them are mildly interesting...

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Well? Any luck?

DH said...

Good luck, dude...housing costs SUCK!!!!

My brother's BF was in town for Xmas...he lives on Long Island. He almost fell out of his chair when he found out the 3 BR house next door to my parent's house is for sale for $83,000.

Gotta love the midwest!