Saturday, September 10, 2005

Leavin' on a midnight train

Let me clarify the reason why I referred y'all to this article in my last post. As a black man, I'm excited to see black celebrities come together and do something positive. Too many times rappers and actors and athletes stay on the sidelines...they've kind of taken Michael Jordan's famous statement - "Republicans buy sneakers, too" - to another level. So read the article, if you haven't already.

It's starting to hit me that I'm moving in eight weeks. It's the beginning of the end...some of my friends are leaving on Tuesday. I don't get down very often, but I'm going to be kind of sad when they take off. Not as sad as some significant others will be (because their ladies are leaving them behind), but sad enough.

The business I'm in involves lots of travel - I essentially lead a nomadic lifestyle. And while I love some aspects of it, I hate having to say good-bye to people every few months. That's probably the major thing I would change.

Oh yeah...I'd also up my salary by a couple hundred thousand dollars.

No comments: