Saturday, December 23, 2006

so close...yet so far away...

When I'm on the road doing some work, I tend to spend a lot of time at the gym. Quite frankly, I really don't have anything else to do, and I might as well work on getting myself in shape, right?

I've also been more conscious of working out in the last couple of years because the men in my family tend to swell up shortly after they hit 30, and...let's just say that getting fat right now would be a bad thing for my career. (It could also have serious health ramifications, since certain diseases run in my family.)

So, for the past few months, I've been at the gym 4-6 days a week, generally busting my butt. And I can see a real difference. I've just got one "layer" of fat separating my abs from a six-pack, which would be tremendous. And I thought to myself, "Sure, Christmas is coming up, and with it lots of bad foods and less exercise, but if you make a committment, you can really make this happen!" And, with pilot season coming up, it would kind of be the perfect time.

So what did I do last night?

Went to the bar.

Had several drinks.

Stopped at Hardee's/Carl's Jr.

Ordered the Six-Dollar Philly Cheesesteak Burger.

With fries.

It was so good. But I undid a day's workout in ten minutes.

(sigh)

Back to work, I suppose.

No comments: