Monday, August 29, 2005

the verdict is in...

The 40 Year Old Virgin is fan-frickin'-tastic. I laughed, I cried, I ate copious amounts of popcorn. It's really funny. One of my friends said it's a "sophisticated stupid movie", and I might agree with that statement. Anyway, go see it and let me know what you think.

I have now gotten drunk four nights in a row. It always starts innocently enough: "Let's just get a quick drink." "Wow, that was a tough rehearsal - I need to have a beer and unwind before going to bed." "Left my card at the bar last night - I should really go get it." "Hey, it's Sunday night. We always go out on Sunday night."

Did meet a dance troupe last night from upstate New York - I believe they do Afro-Carribean dance. It's so nice to see people of color out here. We partied until the wee hours of the morning, and I tried to convince them that they should stay here with me instead of flying back east, but apparently I wasn't persuasive enough.

It's time to make my triumphant return to the gym...

No comments: