Wednesday, August 31, 2005

More Ramblings!

So I'm a contributor to a cool new blog called Infinite Monkeys. We're calling it a "multiplayer notepad". There are several other bloggers, and I'll link them eventually, but you should definitely check out the site here. I'll try to post something there a couple of times a week, but my trials and tribulations will still be posted here on a semi-regular basis. Look for an extremely corny joke I contributed.

I've added a few new links in my "blog" section - if you've got some time to burn, you might consider checking them out. Good people, and all very entertaining...

Got a job for November/December. I was expecting to get it, but it's always nice to get the official word. More details on that in the next few days.

Listening to the new Kanye West CD...so far, so good. It's very different than the first one, but I think that's a good thing. There's a huge article on him in last week's TIME, as well as a huge flow chart on hip-hop. I'm making my students read it.

And speaking of hip-hop, my hip-hop school will resume next week. The guys are excited. I think we're up to part II of the late '90s. I'll post it soon...

2 comments:

Dr. The Bird Man said...

I've read most of the Kanye West Article in Time and I am developing an opinion. Do you agree that Time is overstating the "reformation" of hip hop that West is instigating? They talk an awful lot about how his lyrical themes mark a new era or a least a return to hip hops roots in the 80's from the Gangsta Rap era of the last 12 to 15 years. Haven't groups like Outcast been doing this in the main stream for the last 9 years. Andre and Big Boi have been rapping about politics and personal issues, relationships etc. since at least ATLiens, which was a major departure from Gangsta themes of Bitches, Hos and Violence. Shouldn't Outcast be getting more credit for helping to redirect Hip Hop's lyrical focus? I am not a professor of hip hop like K-lance so I might be completely wrong about this.

The Rover said...

See my latest post for the answer.