Monday, March 16, 2009

a visitor

Finally warming up here in the Icebox. And I'm discovering that it's a pretty cool city. For one thing, things actually stay open here past midnight. If I'm hungry at 1:30 in the morning, I actually have several options. Amazing!

It's also a pretty great town for theater; the audiences are knowledgeable and also fairly young. The response to the show has been good, too (it's been good everywhere we go, though, so that's nothing new).

Maxine is coming to visit on Saturday for a few days. I'm a bit nervous because I've got four shows over the weekend, so I'm not quite sure what to do with her. She'll come see one of the matinees, and maybe a couple of shows that are also in the same complex, but still...that's a lot of downtime.

I'm also nervous because things have been pretty crappy between us lately. That's been one of the major reasons I haven't been posting the last couple of months; I didn't know what to say about it, and it's been the major thing consuming space in my brain. I'm working on writing something about it, but that enables me knowing exactly how I feel and what I want, which is part of the problem.

For now, I'm just going to go to Trader Joe's. That will solve one problem in my life - the lack of food in my fridge...

No comments: